Subscribe to our email list for up to date ADFPF info.
May 25, 2017
The ADFPF is now on more forms of Social Media.
Thanks to our hard working Social Media Specialist, Chandler Tuttle, the ADFPF is not just on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ADFPF/) anymore. We now have a solid presence on Twitter (@ADFPFofficial) and Instagram (@ADFPF). Please follow us on all the platforms that you use.
Coming soon is the ADFPF YouTube channel!
May 19, 2017
Chandler Tuttle joins the ADFPF.
Chandler Tuttle is spending her summer break as the Social Media Specialist to the ADFPF. Chandler will return to Michigan State University in the fall as a Senior studying Advertising. She has already discovered that she enjoys powerlifting and intends to train this summer with ADFPF Vice President Bill Sias. She is seriously considering competing in powerlifting yet this summer. Chandler is expanding our social media presence via Facebook, Instagram and other social media outlets. She is also helping to automate many of the processes that we depend on for powerlifting meets.
Vice President, ADFPF
April 21, 2017
Rules for Certification of National Referees:
- A referee may be certified as a “National Referee” upon completion of the written test and scoring at least 90% AND sitting for at least one competition with EITHER one international referee present or two National referees present.
- A referee may be certified as a “National Referee in training” with approval of two international referees or executive board approval. A National Referee in training shall be considered as a National referee for National and American records provided at least one International referee is present. A written request must be submitted to all board members and the referee status will be noted on the membership list.
- If, a record is set while two or more National “in training” referees are judging, the executive committee may overrule the record (not the lift) if a valid written concern by the international referee present at the meet is submitted.
- Effective, March 18, 2017 the new judges test shall be administered as open book with a 45 minute time limit.
- Only International and National Referee (this excludes the in training referee) will receive lifetime membership provided they referee at least one ADFPF meet once every two years.
- Our organization shall consider that an International referee’s opinion and judgment be given considerable weight in considering nomination of “National in training” referees.
- There is no time limit for a referee to move to a full National status. However, the above rules will continue to apply.
April 20, 2017
The American Drug-Free Powerlifting Federation (ADFPF), a not-for-profit national sport foundation administered by volunteers, is currently looking for a summer intern. The applicant must be pursuing a degree in marketing or a closely related field. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing content for the website: www.adfpf.net, social media outlets and advertising. In addition, the intern will create reusable forms and documents as well as creating consistent advertising and media images. The successful candidate should be familiar with strength sports, especially powerlifting. The intern will be directed by the President and Vice President of the ADFPF. The intern must be accomplished in using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Do you know someone that would see this as an awesome opportunity? If so please have them send a resume to me.
Vice President, ADFPF