Subscribe to our email list for up to date ADFPF info.
August 16, 2017
This must be a first in Powerlifting history!
August 15, 2017
The Board of Directors is pleased to announce
Tim Piper has been nominated and the board has certified him as the new Secretary of the ADFPF. Tim left the board of the ADFPF to finish working on his Ed.D. and has now returned to duty.
August 13, 2017
The following proposal was passed this afternoon
ADFPF Board Composition
Per WDFPF constitution, the ADFPF must consist of the following positions: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. At this time the ADFPF board has no designated member with the Secretary title. Additionally, the ADFPF board does have additional advisor positions.
I believe we need to make our board composition more formal, consistent with WDFPF expectations. This is a proposal to the ADFPF board for consideration to accomplish this task. We should also recognize that each board member has one vote in any voting matter.
The ADFPF board shall consist of 4 permanent positions as indicated above. Additionally, the President shall appoint, with confirmation of the ADFPF board, advisor positions of International Director and Drug Control Officer along with, optionally, two additional advisor positions to be filled with skillsets deemed critical to short term objectives of the ADFPF. This implies the ADFPF board will consist of, minimally, 4 positions with as many as 8 positions at any one time. The appointed positions will continue for 2 year terms. The board will evaluate the continued need for the appointed positions every two years. The board may elect to eliminate an appointed position or call for a new appointment to the position. These positions will be full ADFPF board members with all voting and other responsibilities of ADFPF board members. If an individual resigns, any member of the board may nominate an individual for appointment to fulfill the current term.
If we chose to adopt this proposal then the current board will look like this (my above proposal indicates that one of the advisor roles would move to the secretary position until the next election):
President, Mike Stagg, elected position
Vice-President, Bill Sias, elected position
Treasurer, Mike Chase, elected position
Secretary, OPEN, Tim Piper nominated, elected position
Drug Control Officer, Shelly Frazier, appointed
International Director, Ron Madison, appointed
East Coast Director, Dave Mansfield, appointed
Advisor, Tim Piper
Advisor, Richard Hammer
The logic of the appointed positions is to insure the individual in that role has the specific skillsets and the confidence of the board to execute the direction and spirit of the ADFPF. Additionally, appointed positions may be used to expose future (or rely on the experience of past) members to ADFPF actions.
July 10, 2017
The ADFPF and WDFPF are very proud of our judging. In order to continuously improve our pool of judges we would like to offer a financial incentive to any National judge looking to take the next step and become Internationally certified. The ADFPF will pay $250 to any individual who sits for the International Judge Test in Boston this November. An additional $250 will be paid to any individual who passes the test and becomes internationally certified. All test applicants must be approved by the ADFPF and accepted for testing by the WDFPF. Listed below are guidelines the ADFPF will use in approving the applicant for testing:
- Must be a National judge in the ADFPF in good standing.
- Attended or competed in prior WDFPF competitions.
- Has shown a willingness to participate in ADFPF events in the capacity of judging, particularly in National level events.
If you have an interest in becoming an international judge, please contact Bill Sias, Vice President of the ADFPF.
July 2, 2017
Additions to the Board
The ADFPF continues it’s rapid growth in 2017, in sight of this two people have accepted positions of “Adviser to the Board.” Dr Richard Hammer and Dr Tim Piper have accepted these roles to help us continue to grow. Bios and pictures appear on the Administration page. Please join me in thanking these gentlemen for their show of support and assistance.
Vice President, ADFPF
June 26, 2017
Effective June 25, 2017 Andrea Chapelear was offered and she has accepted the position of Missouri State Chair. A State Chair agrees to do the following:
- Insure that a State Meet happens every year.
- Represent the ADFPF at meets in their state.
- Assist ADFPF meet hosts.
- Maintain state meet records.
- Maintain state records.
- Coordinate with the Drug Testing Officer.
- Coordinate with the Technology Officer regarding website information.
- Attend as many ADFPF National meets as possible.
- Responsible for meet results, drug testing Chain of Custody documents and sample completion in a timely manner and according to federation expectations.
- Reports to the Vice President of the ADFPF.
Look for other,similar announcements in near future.
Vice President, ADFPF
June 4, 2017
Looking for Advertisers and Sponsors
As the Social Media Specialist of the American Drug-Free Powerlifting Federation (ADFPF). I am currently seeking supporters of the federation on our website (http://www.adfpf.org) and official clothing. The ADFPF is a 501(C)3 organization and your donation may be tax deductible.
Your logo would be represented on the back of t-shirts worn by every spotter at every event remaining this year. Every meet has one or more platforms and every platform has between 3 and 6 spotters on any given lift. Once your logo is added to the shirt it will remain on for the entire lifting season and in the same position. Earlier responders get preferred placement.
Full Power Nationals is one of the three largest events every year. The event will be live streamed and archived on YouTube. The exposure for your logo is limited only by the number of internet views interested in drug free powerlifting. To have your logo on the shirts in time for Full Power Nationals we will need to have your donation and artwork not later than June 5, 2017.
Rebel Road (http://www.rebelroad.org/) is one of the largest motorcycle festivals in the United States and the ADFPF sanctions an event in the middle of that festival. The audience for this event is huge. Rebel Road event attendance always runs in 6 figures. Last year this event was aired on local television and the video can viewed here (https://goo.gl/lydz3J). We will need your artwork and donation by June 26, 2017 to be on the shirts used at this meet.
The ADFPF is sanctioning two events at the Mr. America Fitness Festival in Baltimore, MD. There will be both a Powerlifting meet and a Strongman competition. All the spotters for both events will be sporting your logo if you choose to participate. We will need your artwork and donation by September 16, 2017 to be on the shirts used at this meet.
The WDFPF Full Power World Championship is also an ADFPF event this year in Boston, MA. Hundreds of lifters from around the globe will be in Boston to compete. Your logo can be on the back of all the spotters on each of the platforms for all three days. We will need your artwork and donation by October 13, 2017 to be on the shirts used at this meet.
Other upcoming meets, locations and deadlines include:
- The Pit Barbell Club (Evansville, IN) June 26
- The Penultimate World Qualifier (Muskegon, MI) July 28
- Last Chance World Qualifier Midwest (Evansville, IN) August 5
- Last Chance World Qualifier New England (Boston, MA) August 12
Several more will be added as the season progresses. The earlier you begin the more exposure your advertisement will receive.
In addition to the t-shirts, advertising is available on our website. Contact me for more information on website ads.
Social Media Specialist
May 25, 2017
The ADFPF is now on more forms of Social Media.
Thanks to our hard working Social Media Specialist, Chandler Tuttle, the ADFPF is not just on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ADFPF/) anymore. We now have a solid presence on Twitter (@ADFPFofficial) and Instagram (@ADFPF). Please follow us on all the platforms that you use.
Coming soon is the ADFPF YouTube channel!
May 19, 2017
Chandler Tuttle joins the ADFPF.
Chandler Tuttle is spending her summer break as the Social Media Specialist to the ADFPF. Chandler will return to Michigan State University in the fall as a Senior studying Advertising. She has already discovered that she enjoys powerlifting and intends to train this summer with ADFPF Vice President Bill Sias. She is seriously considering competing in powerlifting yet this summer. Chandler is expanding our social media presence via Facebook, Instagram and other social media outlets. She is also helping to automate many of the processes that we depend on for powerlifting meets.
Vice President, ADFPF
April 21, 2017
Rules for Certification of National Referees:
- A referee may be certified as a “National Referee” upon completion of the written test and scoring at least 90% AND sitting for at least one competition with EITHER one international referee present or two National referees present.
- A referee may be certified as a “National Referee in training” with approval of two international referees or executive board approval. A National Referee in training shall be considered as a National referee for National and American records provided at least one International referee is present. A written request must be submitted to all board members and the referee status will be noted on the membership list.
- If, a record is set while two or more National “in training” referees are judging, the executive committee may overrule the record (not the lift) if a valid written concern by the international referee present at the meet is submitted.
- Effective, March 18, 2017 the new judges test shall be administered as open book with a 45 minute time limit.
- Only International and National Referee (this excludes the in training referee) will receive lifetime membership provided they referee at least one ADFPF meet once every two years.
- Our organization shall consider that an International referee’s opinion and judgment be given considerable weight in considering nomination of “National in training” referees.
- There is no time limit for a referee to move to a full National status. However, the above rules will continue to apply.
April 20, 2017
The American Drug-Free Powerlifting Federation (ADFPF), a not-for-profit national sport foundation administered by volunteers, is currently looking for a summer intern. The applicant must be pursuing a degree in marketing or a closely related field. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing content for the website: www.adfpf.net, social media outlets and advertising. In addition, the intern will create reusable forms and documents as well as creating consistent advertising and media images. The successful candidate should be familiar with strength sports, especially powerlifting. The intern will be directed by the President and Vice President of the ADFPF. The intern must be accomplished in using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Do you know someone that would see this as an awesome opportunity? If so please have them send a resume to me.
Vice President, ADFPF